Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Computer Art

 
 Island Flower by Joyce Burns
 
One of my favorite things to do is computer art. Many people don't understand it and for some weird reason say you are cheating art itself by doing art on a computer. I am here to tell you that it takes just as much thought and effort to put together a computer drawing or painting as it does conventional art and sometimes I lose all track of time and realize five hours later that it is 2:00 am and I need to be sleeping. We virtual art geeks don't get any credit for what we do, but it is born of love for the joy of creating.
 
This creation was inspired by a picture I took of this beautiful tropical flower in Freeport, Bahamas. Life in the islands is so laid back and the colors so rich you can almost taste them. These orangey colors reminded me of a Dreamsicle icecream treat that I used to get as a child from an old country store at home.
 
Anyway, I will share my love of creating from time to time so hope I don't bore you too much. Sometimes I may just drop in one of these with no writing and let you imagine your own story about it.
 
Thanks for dropping by and here's hoping you have your own sweet island dream.
Goodnight : )
 
 © Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations, Chyna Moon Press,  1997-2013

 



No comments:

Post a Comment