Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Saturday, August 31, 2013

Missing Blue

 
 
I have been fortunate to know and love some great animals in my time. Everything from cats and dogs, to possums, barn owls and even Mocking birds. Many odd creatures have graced our humble home, and I have learned much from these friends on our journey together. Many have come and gone and I never quit missing the ones who leave, whether they pass, find new homes or disappear, as did Blue. I still have seven rescued furry kids that live with me along with some fish.
 
Blue Dog came into my life by chance. Everyone in my neighborhood knows how I love animals and will not tolerate their mistreatment. One day I came home to find two dogs cowering in the corner of my backyard. They were sick and hungry and I was a bit disturbed that someone had put them over my back fence in the yard with some of my other dogs. I have no idea why they didn't fight except that my dogs are very gentle and only seem to have interest in the yard squirrels and birds.
 
One of the new recruits was a small female black Labrador and the other a male, was a pit bull, at least mostly pit. I named the lab Sugar Bear and the pit with one blue eye I named Blue Dog. I could tell they had been abused and starved and I fed them, took a great deal of time with them, gave them medicines to heal them and gave them lots of love. They adjusted well to being fed on a regular basis and were soon healthy and playing with the other dogs like they had been together from puppyhood.
 
I love all my dogs very much, but Blue just stomped right into my heart. His hind quarters were strangely marked. When he was walking away from you, it looked like he had on pants. I don't know how many times I smiled or laughed at that crazy dog with the pants on. He and Sugar had obviously been together from birth. That, or they had been roaming together for a while. They were always together and shared most everything in life. Best friends, or partners. I was never sure.
 
Then one day I came home and Blue was gone! It was like he just disappeared back to wherever he had come from. I don't know which was more upsetting, the fact that Blue was gone, or what it did to Sugar. I don't know if who ever left them in the first place stole him back (as my yard is a fortress because I love my animals), and there is no way to get out unless someone takes you out or lets you out
 
At any rate I was heartbroken, but poor Sugar was devastated! She looked everywhere for Blue and cried and laid around and would not eat. She was so pitiful. Why they left her I still wonder, but fortunately I have a big red golden retriever named George. George is so loving and picks up on a lot of things even people miss. I wonder if he knew how badly she was hurting somehow because he had experienced his owners moving off and leaving him tied to a fence with a one foot rope (with no food or water). I had brought him home several years before.
 
Whatever the reason, George started being Sugar's new friend. He picked at her and played with her and oh so slowly she came around. She will not eat unless George takes a bite first and always looks at him in new situations as if to say, " is this okay"? I don't know what will happen if anything ever happens to Georgie.
 
But anyway. If you are somewhere and see a pitbull with one blue eye and pants on, say hello Blue Dog, your Mom sure misses you and then give me a call.
 
Hope you all have a great holiday weekend, and remember to hug everyone of your furry babies, and your human ones too, every day. They are a blessing. And oh the love they give...
 
Peace and Love *
 
  © Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations, Chyna Moon Press,  1997-2013



No comments:

Post a Comment