Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's Been a Sweet Summer


Though the weather is still hot, good ole summer is almost behind us. It has been a really hot one, but at the same time a lot of fun. During the summer I had quite a few outings in the local woods and back alleys seeking places to take nice photos. I love to have warm memory photos on cold winter days so they instantly transport me back to the steamy heat of summer and all that she has been.

This particular photo frenzy was on a quiet, late Sunday afternoon trek to a place where I wanted to get some nice railroad track shots. As I was standing in the middle of the tracks, close to a curve, my feet started to vibrate against the rails.  It suddenly occured to me that there would be no warning whistle should a train suddenly appear. Duh! Yes, just then a train suddenly appeared! Instinctively I jumped from the track and rolled downhill to watch the train pass. The third photo on the right was shot from my landing place in the bushes, and though not a good shot, it serves as a reminder to be a little more cautious next time I venture out alone in the middle of no where. But then, that's why they call it an adventure, right? Life is good!!

© Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations 1997-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment