Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ahhhh Saturday, but much to do

The sun is shining and although it is still quite hot, the hint of autumn is in the air. I look forward to being outside for a while. It's been so incredibly hot this summer, things that I usually enjoy outside were just too miserable to do for very long. Because of the heat I got a lot of writing done, but after being at work all day I long to get out and about.

Wanted to say CONGTATULATIONS to the new Southern Writers Magazine. The inaugural edition has hit the streets and is great! The staff has done a wonderful job and deserves applause for helping to give Southern writers a new voice. Tricia Goyer is the featured author for this edition with so many other wonderful writers in the wings. Please support their efforts with the wonderful publication.

Also if you are in the Gulfport, Mississippi area today stop by Negrotto's between 3 and 6 pm for a book signing. The book is "Ndovu the Elephant" by Phillip Levin. A pictorial of Africa with a heart warming story. I'm sure you will enjoy the afternoon immensely.

On another note. I wish to say I am also very proud to be associated with the Mississippi Writer's Guild and the Gulf Coast Writers Association. Both are excellent resources of information and support for beginning to professional writers. Thank you for the wonderful job you are doing to help promote writing!

© Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations 1997-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment