Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Thursday, June 14, 2012

1100 Taxi Service, Tupelo, Ms



Tupelo, Mississippi has always been an interesting place but as I get older I find myself more and more interested in her history and that of surrounding Mississippi towns.

In looking back into some of my own family's contributions, I found that my stepfather, John Franklin Hill, as a young man started the first taxi service in Tupelo. It was named 1100 Cabs and he bought and paid cash for three shiny new cars when he started his business. His taxi service was more on the lines of a luxury service, somewhat like one thinks of today as a limousine service. He was meticulous with his cars and wouldn't let a spot of dirt rest an hour on his cars, inside or out.

This business was located on the corner of Spring Street and Jefferson where the east corner of the Justice Center sits today. So next time you visit Spring Street see if you can imagine (or perhaps you are old enough to remember) the taxi yard on the corner.

More historical Tupelo to come.


© Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations 1997-2012

5 comments:

  1. You shared nice information about 1100 taxi service. i also used services Jfk Airport Limo. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post, what you said is really helpful to me. I agree with you anymore. I have been talking with my friend about, he though it is really interesting as well. Keep up with your good work; I would come back to you.
      car rental in singapore

      Delete
  2. Taxi services are important especially when one is visiting a new city for either fun or even when on a business trip.

    Taxi Lexington Ky

    ReplyDelete