Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pretty Wallpaper

Your laughter, down the hall
aligns the routine
of my
compact
work day.

I smile
as morning begins
with coffee and
your soft chattering
 on the phone.
I have come to love these
quiet sounds
that unfold my morning
like a worn newspaper
 from a quiet,
 unruffled
Sunday.

Some people
quietly,
and
unassumingly
become
players in the heart.
They stick
like pretty wallpaper,
to the lining of your soul
and teach you
 all about yourself,
and what you are lacking.
They give you
smiles,
and heartaches
and occasionally
bend you toward the light.

I love you my friend
with all your complexities
because you,
are uniquely you
and simply knowing you,
makes me a better
human being.

How blessed am I.

                                     Joyce Burns

© Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations 1997-2011

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You've already caught up to my blog in pageviews! You _did_ set the thing where it wouldn't count your own visits,din't ya ?

    ReplyDelete