Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Wednesday, September 4, 2013

You Know You're From Tupelo

Brick Kilns, Tupelo, Mississippi
 
Without the title above, many of you would be saying just what in the world is this?
 
In Tupelo's past, several of these brick kilns used to set alongside the railroad tracks at Crosstown (corner of Gloster and Main). I really never knew much about them, but for the fact that bricks were actually made here, but this history is getting fuzzy now with time. I would love to know more. 
 
My brother and I used to go on photo shooting binges and we photographed so much of old Tupelo. Problem is with our families many moves and life I seem to have lost a vast array of what we had captured. I am still searching through things that have been stored over the years hoping to find my goldmine. Not that these pictures would mean anything to most anyone else, but they mean a great deal to me as we captured something that is no longer available for the most part. That "something" is a part of me and seeing some of these things again assures me that I actually did live this wonderful life and that it was not a dream.
 
Life was so much richer then, so vibrant and clean. Colors so pure, air so fresh. Honor, respect and a good name ruled the day. Big deals between men closed on a simple handshake with no need for lawyers.Old family and colorful stories still overflow with bright and shiny memories. Things that can never be replaced and are priceless.
 
So from time to time I will share my wonderland with you as I rediscover its bits and pieces. If you have old photographs or some interesting story about Tupelo that you would like to share here, just send it to me.
 
I am part of this land, as were my ancestors just up the road. And sometimes when the moon is bright you can almost hear them whisper on the breeze. . .
way down South.
 
 

 © Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations, Chyna Moon Press,  1997-2013


No comments:

Post a Comment