Hello Everybody !

I want this to be a place where creative folks can come and express ideas, talk about art, music, photography, writing, books, magazines, ghostly encounters, history, events of importance to creative minds, and just have fun. I also hope to share adventures and stories along the way. If you would like to be a guest or if you have an event that you would like to share please email me at lindajburns@gmail.com


Thursday, July 26, 2012

If I Swallowed the Moon


If I swallowed the moon,
what would you see?
Would my love be transparent
for all folks to read? 
Would my words and emotions,
sparkle like stars?
Or twinkle like diamonds,
or fireflies in jars? 
Would you see the reflection,
of my soul and heart?
My world all unmasked,
not a glimmer of dark. 
Would you know me,
if my light - was all you could see?
No body or form
just my spirit set free? 
'Twas a dream I once had,
in the dark of the night;
when the moon was a warm,
brilliant globe of pure light. 
So if you awaken
with light in your room,
it may be that I have
just swallowed
the moon.


joyce burns

© Joyce (Tidwell) Burns, ChynaMoon Creations, Chyna Moon Press,  1997-2012


No comments:

Post a Comment